Friday, January 8, 2010

All Aboard! 2010 is Here!

I'm beginning to question the true magical powers of a coconut drink. They're known to be very healing, and I would know this because last year my cat got sick so we fed it some coconut drink and wa-la! He got all better (that, or he's just sick of same ol' plain water and cat cookies). So you would think that on New Year's weekend, I had a weekend holiday by the Prt Dickson Beach and had no less (I swear this is true) than 6 coconut drinks I would be at the prime of my health. But nooo. Come Monday I had a fever, flu, cough and a sore throat.

Sickness aside. After I got back from this TOTALLY FANTASTIC New Year getaway with my four best girlfriends (Paris Hilton can say whatever the hell she wants, but you girls are the best BFFs ever!), I realised that sometimes things just couldn't happen in a better timing. This year I'll be starting off as an official working gal, just graduated, new office, new boss, high heels everyday all day (all hail the guy who created high heels. He deserves a Nobel Prize), new friends, new love interest. So celebrating New Year by getting away with your oldest friends who always knew you best is the perfect beginning to 2010. Keeps my feet on the ground and my priorities in check. Highlights on the weekend trip:
- The MASSAGE. I wanted to ask the masseuse to please adopt me.
- Charades, in which Zaza demonstrated the movie 'Species' with acts that would make her Mom hit her with a broomstick.
- Odah's ability to not like karaoke, banana boat, and guitar-jamming but managed to have loads of fun anyway.
- My near-concussion incident in which I hit my head against Zaza's ass. I know you had bruises, honey, but I can't even remember my Grampa's name no more.
- DJ's answer to everything = whatever/I'm totally fine with it/boleh aje
- Hana wearing a kaftan on the way back from PD to home (honestly, you can't get much more 'aunty' that that. Lol!)

Now I know this is already a week old, but what is the New Year without new resolutions?
1. I will discover at least one new city/country.
2. I will watch something, live (concert, local band gigs, football game, anything!)
3. I will not revolve my life around boys, and instead revolve boys around MY life (not that I've ever slammed the breaks of my life around a guy, but in this new working environment, a girl's gotta remind herself not to do that, over and over again)
4. Learn to cook something new (yes, I know the whole lemon roasted chicken incident went off into flames. So maybe try something simpler and more achievable?)
5. Learn a new skill (have not yet decided between sewing, playing a musical instrument or learning French)
6. Join a charity (and not just give money. More like actually lending physical energy into it)
7. Get at least one 'tick' in the To-Do List of My Life.

Happy New Year! Have a great one!

No comments: