Thursday, July 2, 2009

Wedding Henna is Red and Birthday Parties = Sugar Overload




Just got back from another chaotic weekend in Kuala Lumpur. I am relieved that my ass has now landed on my most favorite place in the world again – the office chair in my parents’ study. On Saturday I went to Odd’s Birthday party with Hana. Odd is one of my oldest friends and I have known her for a decade now. Very calm, relaxing, family-themed party, and as usual I over-ate and ended up bloating with too much corner piece of the oreo cheesecake birthday cake. I don’t know about you but when I’m on sugar high I feel so goooood while pigging out on cupcakes and tiramisus but by the end of the evening as I lie down in my bed I feel my tummy and think, ‘Damn, so much of bitching about Kristy Alley’s lumpy butt!’.


(Odd's Birtday cake. Gotta say, kudos to her parents for being thoughtful enough and making her blog the top of the cake!)


On Sunday was my roommate in college for three years’ wedding reception. When the first wedding of your closest BFFs happens, somewhere in the background you hear a clock starts ticking. You might be a career woman in no hurry to get hitched, or you might be the kind of girl whose future plans are centered around marriage – it doesn’t matter, you can’t help but hear that annoying tick-tock of the imaginary clock, and think to yourself, ‘Am I in this phase of my life already? When everyone is starting to get married?’



Freaky.


(Some pictures from the wedding)



No comments: